|Somewhere Out There|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Tim Jerome, Brother Theodore, Arthur Miller, Barbara Sohmers, Patty Hardee, Joe Frank|
|Improv Actors, 1 hour|
|Preceded by:||Arena (Remix)|
|Followed by:||A Death In The Family|
"It was my night! I owned these people."
After the first story Black Light is all re-used.
Jean Paul (Tim Jerome) tells us what a great show he's putting on: dancing, singing, telling stories and jokes. Everybody thinks he's great except one girl. He talks to her after the show. He tells the story of his awful life: orphaned at 2, beaten at the orphanage, running away at 7, terrible jobs, living on the street, eating out of garbage cans. She wants him to tell stories from his life in his act, make it real. She takes him to her place, they spend the night. He rejects her advice.
10:40: Joe calls a counselor, Lorraine Wilson, looking for a reason to live.
16: A woman invites someone in, offers him/her a drink.
21:30: "More And More" by Rockers Hi Fi - 'More and more about less and less...'
23:30: The suicide bridge
25:20: An address from the president.
25:50: Surreal business meeting, with bogus words ('fluctuation ratio') and improbable inventory items (spleens and other body parts).
28:20: Joe calls Patty to sing "I Remember You".
31:10: Joe calls Alison to sing "I Remember You".
34:20: 'Sometimes I sign out a chopper...' Vorst tells of looking at girls sunbathing on the roof.
35:10: Vorst tells of going horseback-riding with a woman.
35:50: Vorst talks about how talking to someone in person distracts.
36:50: Vorst urges someone to confess.
40:40: Woman tells story of going to a party with her boyfriend, subsequent relationships with men.
57:10: Joe calls Amy to sing "I Remember You".
European accented entertainer talks about telling jokes, being involved with a woman who urges him to use the tragedies of his life in his show. Joe talks to a telephone counselor about being alone, asks "why live?" A man discusses light and darkness. A woman welcomes you to her home. Methods of committing suicide, slow suicide. "Something is missing from my life" dialog. "The sun was still shining," sermon. Suicide bridge. The president makes an address. A boardroom discussion of meat products. Joe telephones ex girlfriends to sing "I Remember You" to them. A man talks about watching women sunbathing from a helicopter. The glorious history of confession. A woman discusses a past relationship in the second person: Meeting at a party and playing a truth game, set against quiet guitar music. She describes an ambiguous relationship and dating other people.
- "More and More (The Hidden Persuader)" - Rockers Hi-Fi (from Rockers To Rockers, 1995) | YouTube
- "I Remember You" (from Party Tyme Karaoke Standards 7) | YouTube
- The Truth About Women
- Black Hole (Remix)
- Let Me Not Dream
- Bitter Pill
- No Show
- A Tour Of The City (Part 1)
- A Tour Of The City (Part 2)
- Includes the horrible brass band music (at suicide bridge.)
- originally in No Show
- originally in A Tour Of The City (Part 1), in which we know the speaker is Voltgen.
- originally in A Tour Of The City (Part 1), in which we know the woman is Olga,the someone is Alex
- originally in A Tour Of The City (Part 1)
- originally in A Tour Of The City (Part 2) in which we know the fellow is Alex, the 'therapist' is Voltgen.
- originally in A Tour Of The City (Part 2)
- originally in Lies
- originally in Let Me Not Dream; music from Party Tyme Karaoke Standards 7
- originally in The Truth About Women (Part 1)