Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|December 3, 2000|
|Larry Block, Maude Gaines, Joe Frank|
|Serious Monologue, Absurd Monologue, Telephone, Singing, 53 minutes|
|Followed by:||Sunday Morning Service|
"If I could write something it would be about, uh you know, equating one's mother to a sun."
'Bitter pill' is available on the Joe Frank Channel of YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnJOEOiwpM
- Larry Block: a celebration for his mother's 80th birthday; comparing country clubs; The Runaway Bunny.
- Monologue: high school buddy "Danny" the musician and his depressed daughter; Either/Or and the impossibility of escaping misery; Joe not having children; children are terrorists and vampires.
- Maude Gaines: The ideal future and having children; bad sex; therapy.
- "Epominomous, Where Are You?" - Mike Richmond (from Basic Tendencies, 1996) | Soundhound [Intro]
- "Like Someone in Love" - sung by Joe's high school girlfriend Donna, with Danny on piano. Recorded in Joe's living room when he was 16 (~1954) [3:07]
- "I Remember You" - sung by Donna with Danny on piano [51:41]