Small World Karma
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|October 8, 2000|
|Larry Block, Debi Mae West, Jack Kornfield, Joe Frank|
|Karma Style, Serious Monologue, 56 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Waiting For Karma|
|Followed by:||Karma Memories|
The picture opens with a married couple, sunbathing on a boat.
- Joe narrates a detailed synopsis of The Incredible Shrinking Man.
- Larry and Joe - A new hiding place for liquor. The egotism of Olympic athletes who pray for victory and thank god after winning. Why don't they attribute defeat to god.
- Debi - A sacred women's dance circle. Earth snake dance. Good sex.
- Larry - Paying his respects to the more powerful Christian god.
- Joe - the story of his mother's marriage to his father. Joe's reckless youth, his relationship to uncle Ben. Testicular cancer, cobalt radiation treatment. Praying for the sick. Questioning the nature of god in the face of suffering, hating god. Ben becomes ill. During the great New York blackout, Joe travels to the hospital to visit him. He decides not to visit because he's afraid of what his Aunt will say and feels that he is cursed and carrying death within him. The man dies that night, and Joe regrets not having visited him.
- Kornfield - He visits a businessman with a brain tumor who wants to talk about the spiritual life. The man elects for surgery which may leave him unable to communicate verbally, emerged undamaged, and lives on as a changed man. "All that matters is what you've learned."
- Debi - She allows her father to die in the hospital. "For all intensive purposes." Manifesting a waiter with her father's name. She freaks out when her cat catches a hummingbird.
Shares the Incredible Shrinking Man story with He Hesitated.