Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|November 5, 2000|
|Larry Block, Jack Kornfield, Joe Frank|
|Karma Style, Serious Monologue, 56 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Dreamland: A Compilation|
|Followed by:||Silent Sea|
My girlfriend and I had broken up, we hadn't emailed or spoken to each other for about three weeks.
- Joe had broken up with his girlfriend, but she wanted to see him. She visits. They walk together with her in tears. She meets with him again at the wrong time and they argue about Joe having sent an e-mail which he can not remember. He is working non-stop. They argue about work. They argue about getting back together.
- Joe injured his foot and can not keep up with his life.
- Dream of a white rabbit.
- Larry Block - Writes a poem to a woman who has disappeared from his life. Her reply makes Larry feel better that she is messed up. Joe expresses contempt regarding Larry's attitude.
- Joe meets with ex-girlfriend over a late dinner, she is worried about her health and compares Joe to cancer. She is also reading Joe's old private journal.
- Joe driving - imagines confronting a traffic cop.
- Larry - Working with an actress and having a magic/wonderful experience.
- Joe and friend start arguing at dinner and he strikes her. She tells stories of how she suffered while growing up. She gets angry that Joe doesn't sympathize for her. She will not leave his car.
- Joe remembers hearing a car crash and his investigation.
- Larry - Responds with another poem.
- Joe driving the ex around. Crazy behavior - fighting for car keys. Winds up at his house.
- Joe remembers twenty years ago, his wife leaving him.
- Jack Kornfield - A meeting of Zen Masters, who struggle with their own issues. Women encountering difficulty with being priests.
- Joe driving in upstate NY countryside. Encounters traffic problem due to a dog hit by a car. Pain.
- Kornfield - What draws people to a spiritual life?