Jump to navigation Jump to search
|WBAI And NPR Playhouse|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Narrative Monologue, 31 minutes|
|Preceded by:||The Eighty Yard Run|
|Followed by:||Adventures Along The Spectrum|
The first day I arrived in Sri Lanka I checked in at an odd looking hotel, an Islamic Holiday Inn.
White Elephants is a program produced by Joe Frank for NPR in 1980.
It was rediscovered and released on Joefrank.com in 2020
- This show begins with Joe's Sri Lanka material from A Landing Strip In The Jungle
- Then turns to the ruined suburban family material from Stories For Nothing
- Then returns to Joe traveling in Sri Lanka from A Landing Strip In The Jungle
- A young man walking in the woods with his friends, all stoned, sees arrows whistling past.
- Beggars in Tibet and Nepal.
- An alternative high school in Somerville, Massachusetts.
- A private tour of a cathedral.