Building A Church
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Tim Jerome, Tess Steincolk, Arthur Miller, Joe Frank|
|Improv Actors, Real People, 55 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Stories For Nothing|
|Followed by:||The Street|
May the almighty and merciful Lord grant us pardon, absolution, and remission of our sins.
A minister is imprisoned, escapes using every imaginable transportation. Sounds of construction. The history of church building, windows, clock bells and time-keeping on ships by counting slowly, the history of tools, screws v/s nails, Notre Dam was built based on Hugo's description in NDDP. The cathedral of Chartres was originally a tiny church. A cathedral was built by slaves collapsed 600 years later and plunges the land into chaos. A woman talks about her mother pretending to sell her to gypsies. "This spirit cannot fail you" preacher. Mutilating oneself in church. Becoming the leader of a sect, an orgy in a tent, instructions for making offerings. The nature of love. A man takes advantage of everyone, kills people, experiences a conversion. Sounds of church building. The recycling of churches as secular buildings and consumer goods.
- "Body Of Light" - Bill Nelson (from Chance Encounters In The Garden Of Lights, 1987) | YouTube [Intro]
- "The Spirit Cannot Fail" - Bill Nelson (from Chance Encounters in the Garden of Lights, 1987) | YouTube [9:57]
- "West Deep" - Bill Nelson (from Chance Encounters in the Garden of Lights, 1987) | YouTube [11:50]
- "Let Heavenly Music Fill This Place" - hymn composed by Gordon Young [38:32]
- "The Eyes Of All Wait Upon Thee" - hymn composed by Jean Berger [50:49]
- Material from this program was used in Bad (1989), with music changes.
- This program is not available at joefrank.com.
- From the Catholic "At The Foot Of The Cross Prayer"