Pledge Drive Rough Cuts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Kristine McKenna, Larry Block, David Rapkin, Joe Frank|
|Pledge Drive, 1 hour|
|Preceded by:||Karma Don't Deny Me|
|Followed by:||Karma Redux|
- A quick segment in which Joe and Larry discuss viagra.
- Kristine begins reading an endorsement, Joe stops her and asks questions instead, she praises Kornfield, reads a poem.
- Kornfield: an old man plants an olive tree, "don't know mind."
- Joe and a woman discuss a recent trip he made to the emergency room suffering from internal bleeding; human kindness, connecting emotionally with people; leaving the hospital and immediately returning to old habits and the drive for sex and combat. *Kornfield: what matters at the end, ulcer poetry.
- Larry and Joe: Larry is fancy free, interacting with Chassids in central park while shirtless and wearing farmer pants, realizing one's arm is a man's arm. Sex while wearing phyllacteries, on the torah.
- Kornfield: sacred community.
- Larry and Joe: dignified suicide, driving into a stanchion at high speed, a coordinated cross country suicide game of chicken after having taking out life insurance policies. Another man suggests a suicide in which they both drive across the country while talking on mobil phones and crash in the middle.