Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Larry Block, Gregory Poe, David Rapkin, Jack Kornfield, Joe Frank|
|Karma Style, 59 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Bad Karma|
|Followed by:||Karma For Dollars|
"Have you heard the one about the guy who goes sailing on the weekend with his dog?"
- Larry Block: he fights with a fellow actor during the intermission after a particularly good performance, tries out for the man's brother later.
- Larry and Joe: dignified suicide, driving into a stanchion at high speed, a coordinated cross country suicide game of chicken after having taking out life insurance policies.
- David Rapkin and Joe: David suggests a suicide in which the two drive across the country while talking on mobile phones and crash in the middle.
- Jack Kornfield: small and vast worlds
- Larry: Describes a film in which a man has an affair, loves two people at once, tells his wife.
- David Rapkin and Joe: Loving more than one person, needing to lie, lying about mountain climbing.
- Gregory Poe: interviewing an aging fashion designed while his wife is receiving last rights in the next room. Souvenirs cut from Marilyn Monroe's body. Hiding Betty Davis' huge ears.
- Larry: he's furious with Zak, fed up with Zak's behavior.
- Unknown man: an answering machine message about a flash light testicular exam.
- Gregory: relationship with his father
- Kornfield: Reverse Living poem
- David: Visions of Jesus. His life at work seems like an acting job. Wanting to make music.
- Larry: physical intimacy is bizarre and repulsive, de-mystifying sex.
- David: "I've seen Christ..." in an auto shop, in a gym, etc. Redemption through gastrointestinal release.
- Joe and Larry: Scenes from his balcony, planting a flag on a newly constructed building as on a mountain, opportunities for voyeurism. Meditations on the beauty of the sky, cut with cursing a bad telephone connection.
- David: A rambling spiritual trip across Asia.
This is an incomplete record of the music in this program. If you can add more information, please do.