Five Part Dissonance (Remix)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Somewhere Out There|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Eric Sears, Arthur Miller, Avery Hart, Paul Mantell, F. Murray Abraham, Annalee Jefferies, Joe Frank|
|Preceded by:||The Loved One (Remix)|
|Followed by:||Iceland (Part 2) (Remix)|
Let me begin by asking you a question.
- A panel discussion about esp: learning esp, picking up on thoughts, an esp demonstration, psycho-dynamic juggling.
- Communication throughout history, smoke signals, heliography, semaphore, alpine horns, speaking tubes.
- Paul Mantell is traveling in search of death in the abstract, Eric Sears has concerns about shaving.
- Drum solo.
- Panicked man begs "don't make me do it" accompanied by a bizarre moaning soundtrack.
- Panel discussion: falling asleep while falling asleep.
- A man moans and strains while a woman giggles.
- Being buried alive.
- A woman moans.
- Joe talks about seeing a beautiful woman in an elevator.
- Paul Mantell ponders life as here and there and this and that, trying to get there, freedom and slavery, looking in the mirror and shaving.
- Joe describes his favorite TV detective program against a live percussive background before an audience: seeing the actor on a talk show, neighbors are baffled by a nice guy who shoots strangers from his window, Joe is a nice guy except when driving, he seeks out the film star in order to attack him, befriends him, and becomes trapped in a television program 
- Nihilism, immortality in the past, discordant stuff.
- Eric Sears shoelaces are tied together and he's abducted by aliens from a planet that plays mahjong and feed him opium.
- The talking drum.
- Looking for a hotel where one had been as a child.
- Gravely distorted voice of an elevator operator.
- Unknown chamber music
- "Ravinia / Vancouver" - Jon Hassell (from The Surgeon of the Nightsky Restores Dead Things by the Power of Sound, 1987) | YouTube [15:00]
- From Joe Frank In Concert