A Pact With God
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|WBAI And NPR Playhouse|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Serious Monologue, 61 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Bedtime Stories|
|Followed by:||When She's Asleep, She Looks Like An Angel|
The development is called The Fountains...
- Joe narrates a home movie documenting a visit to his parents.
- A repeated passage: diving in the ocean, racing through country roads at night and driving into a telephone pole. Thunder as the voice of Joe's father. "He'd speak softly, if he could."
- A man Joe's parents admire suffers from a brain disease, degenerates, and is institutionalized.
- The life of Joe's mother, and her youth in Europe.
- Freddy's illness.
- Making a deal with god; jogging to prevent Freddy from having cancer.
This is an incomplete record of the music in this program. If you can add more information, please do.
- "First Light" - Harold Budd & Brian Eno (from Ambient 2 (The Plateaux Of Mirror), 1980) | YouTube [21:22]
- The text from this program is re-recorded with different background music in A Death In The Family.
The original broadcast credits state: "Technical production by Tom Strother."
- This program was created pre-KCRW per Richard Looney's FAQ
- Portions of this material were performed live in NYC in October 2011.