|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Angel, Shawn, Dinah, Chantell, Lester Nafzger, Larry Massett, Scott Carrier, Joe Frank|
|Real People, Telephone, 60 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Dear Annie|
"Rain is very sexual to me..."
- A group of women talking about stuff. Water and rain, day and night. "I love my body." What makes them happy: sex, motorcycles, dancing, birthdays, friends, pets. What makes them unhappy: meat eaters, the news, death. Pain.
- We hear Joe being given a bath by Chantal, a professional bather, at the radio station. They chat about some of the same stuff the women were discussing. Joe calls a porno line during the bath.
- Wise, accented, enlightened-sounding voice: on the road to fulfillment.
- A fisherman talks about his friend who fished with a plastic frog. On trout swimming upstream. What if our lives were like fish, the constant possibility of eating something with a hook, being jerked into another dimension?
- The women: snacking noisily. They chat some more: confession and absolution. Lovemaking conversation.
- Joe's bath continues. He interviews the woman bathing him, then offers her a snack. After awhile Joe makes another phone call.
- Man on the phone: living with a woman in Ohio, her daughter constantly and inappropriately flirts with him. He eventually gives into temptation, impregnates her and flees to New York after her abortion.
- Wise man: suffering and the consequences of our actions.
- Fisherman: about flyfishing. The conditions are never right.
- Women again: riding in a stolen cab. Lovers. Motorcycles.
- "Do you have a lover?" "Mm hmmm. I'm extremely mad at him." "Why?" "Cause he's too short."
- Back to the bath. Joe wants to wash Chantal's feet, she refuses. She continues washing him. They exchange a couple of french phrases and he makes another call.
- While his call is being connected, Joe suggests to his audience that we listen to this program while taking a bath ourselves. Joe reaches a random person who happens to be in Sydney, Australia. She tells a touching story of her newly difficult life while Joe's bath continues. He then asks her the mundane questions considered earlier in the program, and the call ends very cordially.
- Fisherman: mostly it's men who flyfish.
The original broadcast credits state: "Appearing were Angel, Shawn, Dinah, Chantell, Lester Nafzger, Larry Massett, Scott Carrier, and Joe Frank. Special thanks to Tom Belton and Sheryl G. Technical production by Tom Strother."