Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Larry Block, David Rapkin, Kristine McKenna, Jack Kornfield, Joe Frank|
|Karma Style, 58 minutes|
|Preceded by:||The Future|
"It takes place back at uh, one of those wonderful Nuremberg rallies."
- Larry Block - Hitler "more land" joke. Drinking fruit margaritas, wanting to leave but not being able to afford it.
- Jack Kornfield - An addicted society.
- Larry and Joe - alternative lives, Larry as a park ranger.
- Kornfield - Being engaged in a boring job.
- David Rapkin - Visualizing a sexual encounter as a park ranger.
- Kornfield - Africans waiting for their souls to catch up with them.
- Larry - He meets David Rapkin and is asked to participate in a production, is never called back.
- Rapkin - He cast DeVito instead of Larry in a 36 part epic. Joe confronts him about never calling Larry back, he tells an absurd story about a guitar.
- Larry and Joe - Larry's hurt by Rapkin's trivialization of their encounter. Joe argues that he was just fulfilling his role in the radio program.
- Rapkin - Proving or refusing to prove God, dead white men.
- Larry and Joe - The merits of art versus the ethical behavior of the artist. Larry asks that the audience write to demand Rapkin be removed from future programs.
- Kornfield - Thomas Merton. If we could see the depth of the heart, we would want to worship each other.
- Kristine McKenna - A Hollywood playboy gambles away his money, fails at suicide, ends up disabled and a burden on his wife. A happy couple married 52 years is torn apart by Alzheimers.
- Kornfield - let it be.
- Joe and Kristine - Attaching fantasies to people, envying others at a party. Larry - his wife kicks him out. Zak wants to go to a resort of troubled teenagers. Kristine - being challenged by living with others.
- Kristine - A relationship with a lying, marries man. Spending time in a Mexican hotel, reproducing Edward Weston nude desert photos.
- Kristine - Visiting the man in the hospital, sex in the ICU.
- Larry and Joe - Larry wants to leave.
- Kristine - relationships as a drug. Fantasy of suicide on her ex's lawn.
- Kristine - being truly engaged in the moment.
- Kristine - looking for paradise in a relationship.
- Kornfield - wise understanding.