Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Absurd Monologue, Narrative Monologue, 59 minutes|
|Preceded by:||At The Dark End Of The Bar (Remix)|
|Followed by:||Insomnia (2001)|
I'll always remember the great drought, when it didn't rain for two years.
- A great drought decimates a village and is followed by flood.
- A band of raiders attacks a village and cuts off the thumbs of the villagers.
- Joe is a dictator in a fortified underground bunker. He delivers a speech on the battlefield. Sounds of battle.
- Eating dirt.
- Joe claims his is on the verge of victory as his forces are decimated, taunts the enemy.
- A siege on the city, human artillery.
- Joe falls for Magda, a contortionist in a circus.
- Carnival as the hopeless, besieged city indulges itself followed by a city-wide nervous breakdown.
- A Trojan horse.
- The dictator addresses the public and demands their allegiance to his god-like power.
- The dictator contemplates nothingness and defeat, alternative careers.
- A defiant address.
- "Help me unravel this knot and find my way back to the town where I first saw you, where all this started, this thirst"
- A sideshow of the dictator's in various poses.
A one hour remix of material from The Dictator.