Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Lester Nafzger, Julie Renick, Joe Frank|
|Scripted Actors, Telephone, Mock Interview, 55 minutes|
|Followed by:||The More I Know You|
"A month ago I visited my mother in Columbus Ohio."
- Lester Nafzger, on the phone, talking about his argumentative mother, 81. They have a tremendous dispute over hypnotism.
- Superstition: counting 12 babies in arms for 12 days of good luck. Then, the 13th day.
- Lester tells us his 26 (and counting) definitive Life Reference Points, or 'linchpins', of his existence. Events that didn't make the list.
- Lester seems to know the height of everyone he knows. He's a numbers guy.
- Performances: looking for Jerry Rickshaw. Joe and Lester discuss the performance. What Jerry Rickshaw means to Lester.
- Where's Charlotte.
- My Teeth Are So Much Uglier Than Yours.
- Discussion of the role of an artist.
- Performances: Missing Barbara. Cartoon. Big Band.
- Lester describes the boogie boys: musical saboteurs.
- A serene mother-and-baby scene.
- Lester tells of his struggle to close the nearly 100 holes in the poorly-built wall connecting his furnace room to a porno theater next door. Then we hear audio from a porn movie.
- Lester recites the weight of everyone he knows.
- "The Plateaux Of Mirror" - Harold Budd - Brian Eno (from Ambient 2 (The Plateaux Of Mirror), 1980) | YouTube [30:59]
- In this program and in A Landing Strip In The Jungle Lester uses the name "Lester Ainslie".