Where Will It End?
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Larry Block, Jack Kornfield, Debi Mae West, Everton Sylvester, Joe Frank|
|Karma Style, 59 minutes|
|Followed by:||Fire And Ice|
"I told you that I I made this decision to sort of be engaged to myself."
- Debi Mae West - She buys engagement and wedding rings for herself.
- Larry Block - he gets valium from Zak's psychiatrist.
- Debi - taking ecstasy at a rave, connecting with a guy and discussing chanting.
- Sound mix: A woman talks about love, says "Kisses are wonderful," followed by a couple screaming at each other in Spanish while "As Time Goes By" plays.
- Larry and Joe: Conventions versus objective needs, "the ritual and the actual." *The danger of divorcing oneself from convention. The arbitrariness of ties and sex acts viewed objectively. The bizarre situation of acting in a one man show. The futility of our accomplishments when viewed from 500 years in the future.
- Debi - Her new boyfriend the married fundamentalist. Being misdiagnosed with or cured of breast cancer.
- Larry - He's depressed by a play about sexually desperate old people.
- Debi - more about her boyfriend and his wife.
- Larry - His downfall makes for good radio.
- Caribbean guy Everton Sylvester - he rails at the yuppie lifestyle of his audience: "I've got cash," and "fuck you and the Range Rover you drove in on."
- "Zion", a reworked version of "Bullet (Bitten)", was heard two years later during the "cave rave" scene of The Matrix Reloaded.