Summer Notes (Remix)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Tim Jerome, Beth Dixon, Arthur Miller, Lester Nafzger, Rosemary Foley, Paul Mantell, Fran Dorn, David St. James, Joe Frank|
|Preceded by:||On The Edge|
|Followed by:||Redneck Rounder|
I notice a metal sheet here, lying beside you..
A segment from this program was turned into an animated short film.
- Interview with an armed guy (Arthur Miller) on the beach.
- Scenes in which a sugary couple encounters disaster, interspersed by a panel discussion.
- A sailing trip that ends lost in the fog.
- The history of picnics and picnic etiquette. A hike that ends in berry picking and poisoning.
- A man in the street tries to get attention - offers little girl sandwiches and sings "you are my sunshine."
- Outdoor theater, performing scenes according to the time of day.
- The street performer fights with passers-by, threatens them, then apologizes.
- The history of theater.
- The couple builds a fire and catches the forest.
- Joe interviews people about resort communities - Woodstock, a nature resort in the Cook islands, and some sort of retirement community.
- The couple argues, watches multiple televisions.
- Animated monologue describing scenes of summer: a man on the subway shouts, "I'm not dead"; an idyllic neighboring family man goes mad; Houdini's act as the ultimate form of protest; a blind man carries a cripple on his back; shooting people at the beach as art; Joe repeats lines from the street performer and the acted dialog; "the sun shines from one place in the sky."
- Beach technology: radios, beach scanners, seismographs.