On The Edge (Remix)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Absurd Monologue, 60 minutes|
|Preceded by:||Holy Land|
When I first came to L.A. I lived in a hotel on the beach.
- A woman who dates veterans from successively earlier wars.
- A toast to war. Contempt for peace. Sounds of war.
- A man talks about covering May Day peace demonstrations as a journalist. His photographer goes nuts when he sees feminist protesters. Getting trapped by cops, rescued by a woman in an apartment above. Sounds of protest.
- Joe is picked up by a hippie wearing bells while hitchhiking across the country, argues with truck drivers, gets into a chase.
- What is death; what if the expression "bought the farm" were literally true?
- Annoyances: waiting in line at supermarkets and post offices, athletes today, teenage dance shows. "What's the point of freedom if you don't let it debase you?"
- Reading positive, self-help style advice in a desperate shouting voice.
- What if "gone fishing" were true?
- Annoyances: messes in public bathrooms, litter in movies, pan-handlers.
- Death as hotel paradise.
- "Death is..."
This program is different from the original On The Edge.