Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Somewhere Out There|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|January 21, 1996|
|Absurd Monologue, 1 hour|
|Preceded by:||Three Shingles|
|Followed by:||Bible Salesman|
"I was at a party, it was late, I was about to go home."
- Joe becomes obsessed with a woman at a party, in an elevator, and in a cafe which later disappears.
- Joe is a rock star and gives a speech to a college graduating class.
- Joe is shipwrecked in the amazon and displays his modern gadgets to the natives.
- A woman in a strip club tells Joe about about her disturbing dream.
- Mixed absurd monologue: a hummingbird lands on a rolling car, an underwater hotel during a monsoon, a brothel where patrons are offered medical records of the prostitutes, an enlightened prison, a woman smears cake batter on her breasts and plays the piano, a woman uses a Nordic-track in front of a tv with winter scenes.
- Ridding ourselves of the weight of dead men's thoughts.
- Were human beings meant to live in the moment?
- Some, too much, enough.
- A completely uneventful trip commemorated.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
I really like this one. I'll try to come back later and tell you why.