In The Middle Of Nowhere (Part 2)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Tim Jerome, Larry Block, Laura Esterman, Ryan Cutrona|
|Scripted Actors, 59 minutes|
|Preceded by:||In The Middle Of Nowhere (Part 1)|
|Followed by:||In The Middle Of Nowhere (Part 3)|
"All these morphines and pain killers, they didn't touch my body"
Cast of characters
- Bud (Larry Block), a traveling salesman
- Ray (Ryan Cutrona, who owns the local road house
- Charlene (Laura Esterman), a road house dancer
- Rider (Tim Jerome), an ambulance driver
- The guys in a roadhouse talk about the Bud's father dying slowly of disease, diverting a river, the roadhouse dancer.
- Ray offers a second person monologue to the dancer, sings "For Once In My Life" and yells at the band.
- Bud talks to Charlene: she grew up in Lords, he describes his robust father dying suddenly without warning.
- Ray and Rider play pool, compare Ray to the river.
- Bud asks Charlene to run away with him into an idyllic scene.
- Rider teaches Charlene to shoot.
- Rider sings "One Note Samba."
- Charlene tries to shoot Ray.
- Bud directs a second person monologue at his father about becoming a salesman.
- "Make The World Go Away" - Hank Cochran and Jeannie Seely (from Honeysuckle Rose, 1980) | YouTube [Intro]
- "The Stripper" - Si Zentner And His Orchestra (from The Stripper And Other Big Band Hits, 1962) | YouTube [4:24]
- "For Once In My Life" - vocals by Ryan Cutrona [9:00]
- "One Note Samba" - vocals by Tim Jerome [44:18]