Memories (Short Film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A few absurd Joe Frank anecdotes are visualized in this 10 minute short film, which was aired late-night on CBS in 1990. This film is mentioned in Live at The Great American Music Hall.
- Joe's father killed at the screw works, turned into a screw. "Threaded to death."
- The candlelit electricity plant: they sold all their power so there was none available for lights.
- Gas station scene: guy drives in backwards because his headlights were out. Another guy comes in with only front tires. They argue, then leave together and open a beauty salon.
- Lost on an elevator. Changing to the express elevator, getting lost faster. Joe calls his dad, who magically appears to help him navigate home. "You're smoking a whole pack of Chesterfields!"
- Plans for the future.
- "Ringling Brothers' winter home for retired animals."
- Original music by Jerry Summers
- Every episode in this film can also be heard in Live At Market Street, although the vocal track and background music are unique.
- "Memories" on Joe's YouTube channel
- "A New Arena for Radio’s Joe Frank : Television" - L.A. Times 1990