Where Will It End?
"Where Will It End" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of the series The Other Side (series).
- Debi Mae West - She buys engagement and wedding rings for herself.
- Larry Block - he gets valium from Zak's psychiatrist.
- Debi - taking ecstasy at a rave, connecting with a guy and discussing chanting.
- Sound mix: A woman talks about love, says "Kisses are wonderful," followed by a couple screaming at each other in Spanish while "A Kiss is Still a Kiss" plays.
- Larry and Joe: Conventions versus objective needs, "the ritual and the actual." *The danger of divorcing oneself from convention. The arbitrariness of ties and sex acts viewed objectively. The bizarre situation of acting in a one man show. The futility of our accomplishments when viewed from 500 years in the future.
- Debi - Her new boyfriend the married fundamentalist. Being misdiagnosed with or cured of breast cancer.
- Larry - He's depressed by a play about sexually desperate old people.
- Debi - more about her boyfriend and his wife.
- Larry - His downfall makes for good radio.
- Caribbean guy - he rails at the yuppie lifestyle of his audience: "I've got cash," and "fuck you and the range rover you drove in on."
- The music that fades in near the end of Joe's last conversation with Larry in the program (continuing for the last 4 minutes of the show) is "Zion" by Fluke. Two years later, this track was heard in the soundtrack of The Matrix Reloaded, during the "cave rave" scene.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.