Waiting For Karma
"Waiting for Karma" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of the series The Other Side (series).
- Larry - getting drunk and eating bad things. Aborted motorcycle rides to Mexico. Drunken and stoned motorcycle escapades and waking up in the hospital.
- Kornfield - the mind holds on to its link with the world.
- Larry - Zak's drug habit, the new drug "progeny."
- Kornfield - the problem with desire. If only mind.
- Zak - He's mixing sound. We hear a sample of his work.
- Kornfield - An old man travels with his bag of possessions looking for happiness. A trickster steals it, then returns it.
- Kristine McKenna - Comparing material and existential despair. The natural state of her mind is troubled. Feeling relief in natural disasters. Being haunted by childhood. Leonard Cohen and despair among the successful.
- Kristine and Joe - The food chain and the cruel hierarchy of nature - what can be the nature of god?
- Kornfield - Great doubt. Sufi story about a man who questions heaven's gate-keeper.
- Larry and Joe - Summer camp rituals. A group of self-selecting camp "elders," the Sanhedrin, and a tapping-in ceremony. Insiders and the faithful outcasts. Joe finds the idea cruel.
- Kornfield - Mullah Nasrudin looks for his keys where the light is, identifies himself at the bank with a mirror. Conditioned ideas about oneself.
- Larry - A joke about a man who calls his friend's attention to the anatomy of a woman in a restaurant. A joke about an actor who is told there's been a murder in his apartment.
- Kornfield - what is listening, meditation?
- Debi - Tears after a discussion of lying.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.