Memories (short film)
A few absurd Joe Frank anecdotes are visualized in this 10 minute short film, mentioned in Live at The Great American Music Hall. It's available at joefrank.com as a "September :: October 2005" member premium.
- Joe's father killed at the screw works, turned into a screw. "Threaded to death."
- The candlelit electricity plant: they sold all their power so there was none available for lights.
- Gas station scene: guy drives in backwards because his headlights were out. Another guy comes in with only front tires. They argue, then leave together and open a beauty salon.
- Lost on an elevator. Changing to the express elevator, getting lost faster. Joe calls his dad, who magically appears to help him navigate home. "You're smoking a whole pack of Chesterfields!"
- Plans for the future.
- "Ringling Brothers' winter home for retired animals."
Every episode in this film can also be heard in Live at Market Street, although the vocal track and background music are unique.