The Joe Frank Wiki is a collaborative knowledge base dedicated to the work of pioneering radio artist Joe Frank.
We are currently working on 357 articles, and we need your help to complete this study of Joe's material. If this is your first time here, please see the About Page. This is a fan-maintained page, and as such is not directly affiliated with Joe Frank or joefrank.com.
To listen to Joe's material, visit joefrank.com. Numerous shows are available for free streaming. Site membership provides access to all of Joe's programs. Individual shows and series can also be purchased on CD and mp3 download. They make thoughtful gifts.
|Programs By Series||Programs By Type|
WBAI and NPR Playhouse (1979-1984)
Work In Progress (1986-1992)
In The Dark (1993-1995)
Somewhere Out There (1996-1997)
The Other Side (1999-2001)
|Programs By Cast Member|
- The only authorized way to obtain or hear Joe's material online is at www.joefrank.com, his official web site
- The Joe Frank Index is a handy launchpad for exploring all Joe Frank shows by date, name, series, or type, with show-specific links to JoeFrank.com and the other resources including this Wiki, the FAQ, and the discussion groups.
- The joe-frank-list mailing list has more discussion than the subreddit; the archive site is sometimes down.
- r/joefrank subreddit for discussion
- Richard Looney created a Joe Frank FAQ but he hasn't updated it since 2003
- Here's another version of the Looney FAQ
- The Name That Joe page has a transcription of the opening words of almost all programs
- Joe was interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air