Who Is Joe Frank?
Joe Frank (August 19, 1938 – January 15, 2018) was an American radio personality and humorist known best for his philosophical, humorous, surrealist, and sometimes absurd monologues and radio dramas.
Welcome to the Joe Frank Wiki, a collaborative knowledge base dedicated to the work of pioneering radio artist Joe Frank.
We are currently working on 356 articles, and we need your help to complete this study of Joe's material. If this is your first time here, please see the About Page. This is a fan-maintained page, and as such is not directly affiliated with Joe Frank or joefrank.com.
To listen to Joe's material, visit joefrank.com. Numerous shows are available for free streaming. Site membership provides access to all of Joe's programs. Individual shows and series can also be purchased on CD and mp3 download. They make thoughtful gifts.
|Programs By Series||Programs By Type|
WBAI and NPR Playhouse (1979-1984)
Work In Progress (1986-1992)
In The Dark (1993-1995)
Somewhere Out There (1996-1997)
The Other Side (1999-2001)
|Programs By Cast Member|
- The only authorized way to obtain or hear Joe's material online is at www.joefrank.com, his official web site
- The Name That Joe page has a transcription of the opening words of almost all programs
- There is a mailing list, but this site is often down
- Richard Looney created a Joe Frank FAQ but he hasn't updated it since 2003
- Here's another version of the Looney FAQ
- Joe was interviewed by Terry Gross on Fresh Air