Karma (Part 4)
(Redirected from Karma (part 4))
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Joe Frank, Larry Block, Zak Block, Jack Kornfield|
|Karma Style, 1 hour|
|Preceded by:||Karma (Part 3)|
|Followed by:||Karma (Part 5)|
You remember I told you about Marlene Drucker?
- Joe: back at the psychiatrist; Kate wants to see Joe torn to pieces; carrying the past with us. New age teaching that the past is irrelevant. More on the relationship as a baby. A list of nice things to do every day. Smiling while unhappy.
- Jack Kornfield: gods disguised as a dove and a hawk test a wise king.
- Larry Block: a romantic relationship with the bicycle riding older woman down the hall is discovered by his daughter. The family plans for a breakup which never happens.
- Joe: silly new age teachings at Science of Mind Church, would be Hollywood types, LA as a den of poseurs.
- Kornfield: right speech, the power of words. A prince is asked to give up his children.
- Larry: taking LSD and watching a new age speaker Eric Butterworth say that you can change you life by changing your thoughts. The futility of talking therapy. Larry critiques Kornfield.
- Joe: Joe asks the audience why they're listening. He joins Kate for dinner while exhausted, she picks on a Korean couple. He visits her house later. They drive to Mt. Wilson. They argue about sex. Kate attacks Joe.
- Kornfield: a teacher slaps a student who is hung up on a past relationship.
- "Spacebeach" - Arling & Cameron (from "Music for Imaginary Films", 2000)
- "Brazil" - Antonio Carlos Jobim (from "Stone Flower ", 2000)
- "Rearrange" - Cinematic Orchestra (from "Remixes ", 2000)
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.