Karma (Part 7)
"Karma (part 7)" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of the series The Other Side (series).
- Joe: He contemplates his successful neighbors, being alone. He babysits for them; mentions his experience with cancer; talks about going to visit a dying uncle during a blackout and turning away out of fear that he would be blamed for the man's death.
- Jack Kornfield: imagine being told a cancer diagnosis is a mistake.
- Joe: He pays a medical bill for his maid's child; imagines marrying the woman.
- Larry Block and Joe: A discussion of French toast, high end maple syrup, expensive vodka, medical drugs, hip psychiatrists.
- Kornfield: A TS Eliot poem; caring and not caring
- Joe: a dream of Kate wearing braces
- Larry and Joe: avoiding Kate when she returns from Rome. Larry discusses people who are too self confidant.
- Kristine McKenna: pride and jealousy; Joe's theme of being replaced by another man.
- Joe: trying to fill a Saturday without Kate.
- Debi Mae West: A messy relationship with a boss at the office.
- Kornfield: a monk is dissatisfied with a series of monasteries. A master faces death. No one expects to die.
- Joe: Kristine is bitten by her fighting cats, ends up in the hospital. A woman dies in the ER.
- Kristine: a man on the ward screams and seems to be dying. Growing spiritually just in time for the body to die.
- Joe: A birthday party. A comedy writer who has an assistant carry around a briefcase with his entire advance for a film and two tape recorders, one recording the present, one playing what happened twenty four hours previously. He is rude in a cafe, then buys the place piece by piece. He swats and shits in the airport terminal.
- Kornfield: the scale of the universe, microscopic and cosmological empty space.
- Debi: she wants tantric sex.
- "Spacebeach" - Arling & Cameron (from "Music for Imaginary Films", 2000)
- "Brazil" - Antonio Carlos Jobim (from "Stone Flower ", 2000)
- "Rearrange" - Cinematic Orchestra (from "Remixes ", 2000)
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.