Karma (Part 5)
"Karma (Part 5)" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of the series The Other Side (series).
- Kristine McKenna: Getting over love, unbearable endings. The initial "big bang" love can't last forever. Risking the unknown.
- Joe: he imagines Kate's next lover.
- Kristine: she analyzes Joe's relationship with Kate
- Joe: Kate calls him on various pretexts.
- Jack Kornfield: material benefits of loving kindness. Allurement instead of gravity.
- Joe: his gay cousin is left money in the wills of two elderly women. His mother begins spending time with a young, gay hairdresser and Joe worries. He imagines his mother and her hairdresser meeting Kate and her new lover. He imagines a fight with his mother.
- Kornfield: meeting burned children in a hospital. Ishi teaches the Kroebers a funeral song.
- Kristine: Falling in love comes with certainty. A bad relationship. Repeating bad relationships. Getting into bed with a married man in the hospital. Repeating Edward Weston's nude sand dune photos.
- Joe: Young Kate daily begs her father for bus money to go to a dance academy. A man ejaculates onto her on the bus. Remembering a lost lover. Joe calls Kate on a film set in Italy.
- Kornfield: a loving kindness meditation set against a tense, fast beat.
- "Spacebeach" - Arling & Cameron (from "Music for Imaginary Films", 2000)
- "Brazil" - Antonio Carlos Jobim (from "Stone Flower ", 2000)
- "Rearrange" - Cinematic Orchestra (from "Remixes ", 2000)
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.