In The Dark (Part 1)
|Work In Progress|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|Preceded by:||The Best|
|Followed by:||In The Dark (Part 2)|
"There's always a reason why she can't sleep."
- A woman suffers from insomnia.
- The men in her apartment building who annoy her mysteriously disappear, leaving their clothes and a whiff of perfume behind.
- A wealthy businessman's car breaks down in the ghetto.
- He imagines homeless people taking over his house.
- He is picked up by the insomniac woman, realizes that he is her landlord, and is drugged, dressed as a woman, handcuffed to a locked briefcase, and kidnapped.
- He is put in a limo, remembers meeting a woman dressed as Jesus in a bar, is left in the woods.
- Joe discusses the significance of the man's story.
- A Tinny-voiced man talks about having seen idyllic things: wanting to be a bachelor, the setting sun leaving its bloody entrails.
A brief passage in this program describes an encounter with a bar room Christ much like that presented four years later in Three Shingles.
- "Unknown" - Thomas Newman (from "The Player ", 1992)
- "Unknown" - Dave Grusin (from "The Bonfire of the Vanities Soundtrack ", 1992)
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.