"The Future" is the name of a program Joe Frank produced as part of the series The Other Side (series).
- Debi Mae West - she describes singing at an outdoor wedding in a rainy forest. Helping a butterfly escape from its cocoon. Worry that she won't be able to top this wedding. Joe suggests arranging weddings at the edge of disasters.
- Larry - Zak behaves impulsively and Larry is furious. Spitting on the floor, urinating on the toilet seat. Zak wants to shave his head. He takes Larry's cell phone. Joe suggests he may modify his body when he's out of view.
- Kornfield - realizing we are subject to decay.
- Henri - He is befriended by an alcoholic mixed race couple. The man views him as a son, talks about the yellowing of the races and the future. The man begins following him, harassing him, accusing him of being homosexual. He eventually confronts the man with a spear gun.
- Debi - A dream about a lesbian manicurist.
- Larry - Cursing continually to avoid being recorded. Joyce carol oates says "our heros are our parents."
- Kornfield - a path without grasping
- Debi - an answering machine message after the wedding. Other people describe the wedding.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.