Don't Know Mind
This program first aired in 2001 on KCRW.
- Larry Block: Lost keys.
- David: Lost items, including his wife. Measuring life by what is taken from us.
- Joe: His lost father: wanting to dig him up and hold him.
- Gregory: Inherits an archive of stars' dental x-rays. His female bodybuilder friend.
- Jack: Change. He sings an old pali buddhist chant.
- Larry: Parallels between Van Gogh and himself. He discusses a fictional "actors' chapel" with Joe. Auditioning for Neil Simon.
- Jack: "Let go" as a mantra. Humorous letter to an insurance company.
- Guy: Seeing, then meeting a beautiful German girl on the street who married her former stepfather. They form a relationship. She goes nuts with jealosy.
- Jack: An old man plants an almond tree. "Don't know" mind, openness.
- Larry: Discussion about the fictional "actors' chapel" they improvised earlier. Larry doesn't want to come across as overly attached. Arguments emerge about Larry's stipend from Joe. They discuss their non-relationship. Joe's fed up, doesn't want to do the show anymore. A heated discussion. As the tape runs out, Joe reminds Larry he doesn't want to talk after it ends.
- Guy: Unknowingly walking around with an imprint of a book on his face.
- Larry: On the nature of true "acting", as opposed to what this show is. He contemplates upgrading from Dewars to Chivas Regal.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
I must admit I didn't get much out of this one. I started drifting out hearing the guy talk about the girl who married her stepfather. But arguments between Larry and Joe are generally interesting, and this one was no exception.