Debi Mae At Burning Man
Joe converses with Debi Mae West about her adventures surrounding Burning Man 2004. This program was presented online on Joe Frank's web site in February 2005. We hear about:
- Being invited and preparing to go
- A description of the event itself
- She had an extremely intense experience and was at her most loving and charismatic while she was there
- She met Lee and they fell in love
- Lee has other relationships with women across the globe and isn't willing to be straight about them, Debi is both heartbroken and obsessed
- There's another (married) guy she's interested in, and it turns out he's interested in her too
- Breaking up with Malcolm
- We heard about Malcolm in Emptiness. Joe wasn't a fan of Malcolm at the time, and now it's clear his concerns were well founded.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.
Poor Debi. I like listening to her talk with Joe and I hope she finds contentment--heaven knows she's searching for it. My wife has some interesting theories about the origins of Debi's relationship problems which I'll ask her to share here someday.
I find it hard to have a lot of sympathy for people who live life to excess as Debi has. If you're going to attend a party dressed up like a prostitute, then why would you be surprised when you're treated like one?
Yes, I hope she finds happiness. But she's looking in all the wrong places, I think.
Her anecdotes are interesting, but I find Larry Block's stories more intensely personal. I think that he contribute more to Joe's later shows.
Ms West is a professional actor playing a role for Joe Frank's shows. I have no reason to believe that the roles she plays reflect her personal life.RandomTroll 16:04, 14 Nov 2010 (PST)