Clement At Christmas
(Redirected from Clement at Christmas)
|The Other Side|
|Original Broadcast Date|
|December 12, 1999|
|Real People, Absurd Monologue, 1 hour|
|Followed by:||Lover Man|
"I was on vacation from school and several of us went skiing."
- A man talks about his life:
- He's attracted to voluptuous women. A sexual encounter as a teenager. Life with his foster uncle after his parents die.
- He becomes an officer in the Grays. A mission in Kuwait. Going to town in full dress, hiring a prostitute. Danger as an aphrodisiac.
- Hollywood orgies. The benefits of a libidinous lifestyle. A 74 year old man dates a 21 year old woman. Holiday parties, playing music.
- Female actor: an ex-lover, leaves a long answering machine message combining angry accusations with a desperate party invitation. (This segment is cut in throughout the following monologue.)
- Joe talks about Christmas, extreme decorations, enacting the stations of the cross at Santa Monica retail stores.
- Discussing life and god with a neighbor. A man fires arrows at an airliner from a small plane.
- Virtual suicide and bathing in blood at New Years. Joe is at a holiday party, meets a young woman and writes "Regret not the momentary impulse" on her cast.
- "Keep god incorporated" nonsense advice monologue.
- Shares material with other programs, including Road To Hell.
- At the "meet and greet" event before the Great American Music Hall show in 2004, KPFA gave out CDs which were labeled Clement at Christmas but actually contained the program Lover Man.
Please see guidelines on commentary and share your personal thoughts in this section.